Wednesday 12 February 2014

Splurge Vs Save - The answer

by Bex

And the answer is...

B!

As of 1.30pm today we had 29 votes with the majority voting for option B!  Although I do like that SvS without the poll gets people to comment (you know how we love comments), this new poll option does seem to get more responses as I guess it's easier to just click your answer :)

A - 11 votes
B - 18 votes

It was really fascinating watching the voting on the poll this morning (I had a quiet morning at work!), the As were in the lead at one point and it was even for quite a while before a last influx of Bs!  I think this is the first time I've ever managed to get anyone to think the save is the splurge but quite a few of you did.  Seeing some of you comment on Twitter about your choices was interesting too. Some basing it on the accessories and others the cut of the clothes. :)

Briony you may be surprised that the necklace was just £11 and the shoes only £20! (Details below.)

What do you all think of the actual outfit?  You can see me wearing something similar (and even cheaper!) below.

Here are the totals and details...


SvS B


Jane Norman long sleeve sweater £22
janenorman.co.uk


River Island coat £80
riverisland.com


Forever 21 black boots £20
forever21.com


Leopard print scarve £12
designerdesirables.com


Pants £29.99
hm.com




Total = 174.99



SvS A


Ralph Lauren Black Label sweater £275
farfetch.com


Rochas woolen coat £1,675
modaoperandi.com


STELLA McCARTNEY sequin pants £512
net-a-porter.com


McQ by Alexander McQueen peep toe booties £445
alexandermcqueen.com


Tatty Devine chain jewelry £86
farfetch.com


Yigal Azrouël print scarve £235
intermixonline.com



Total = £3228


And my own outfit...




Jumper - Miss Sixty @ T K Maxx £14.99 (I think)
Coat - Gannex @ Oxfam - £24.99
Trousers - H&M (as above but in the sale and with a discount code) £11.25
Boots - Office - £40
Necklace - Sugar & Vice - £21
Scarf - M&S - £20 (I think)

Total = £132.23

Which is your favourite version and did you guess correctly?

Linking up with Transatlantic blonde again this week, check out What I Wore Wednesday.


3 comments:

Nita said...

I totally guessed wrong, thought the shoes and coat in outfit A looked far nicer/more expensive than outfit B!! I do really like the expensive black sweater from outfit B though ;)

briony said...

Wow! I love this – and I love that I was wrong! Haha! I though the details on the shoes and necklace looked more expensive but I'm excited to know that they're the save option :)

Fab post! x

Unknown said...

Surprise, surprise I liked the expensive one more and therefore I did call it. I am a sucker for expensive shoes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100